New Traffic Rules in India 2019 : 1 सितंबर से वाहन चलाते वक़्त नियमों को तोड़ना को आपकी जेब पर भारी पड़ सकता है क्योंकि आज से मोटर व्हीकल एक्ट 2019 लागू हो गया है.
Some of the basic traffic rules for two-wheeler riders in India are as below:
- Helmets should be worn always while riding
- Indicators should be used by all riders
- Pillion riders cannot be more than one
- The rider should focus on the road all the time
- Usage of rearview mirrors is mandatory
- When pulling over, do so carefully
- Indian roads are among the most notorious in the world as it claims over 1.5 lakh lives each year and most of it is due to people’s lack of traffic sense. The central government previously failed to take the necessary steps however it has decided to crackdown on traffic offenses right now. This, they are doing by making the law and its subsequent punishment a lot more stricter.
To take care of the same, the government tabled the Motor Vehicle (Amendment) Bill 2016 which was also been approved by the cabinet recently bringing the law into effect. This road safety bill has outlined punishments and penalties for all sorts of traffic violations. The bill is based on recommendations submitted by transport ministers of 18 Indian states.
Traffic Violation & Fine Amount in India in 2019
- Violation New fine amount
- Overloading Two-wheelers Rs. 2000; License scrapping for three months
- Drunken Driving Rs. 10,000
- Overspeeding Rs. 1,000 for LMV; Rs. 2,000 for MMV
- Dangerous Driving Rs. 5,000
- Driving Without Car or Two Wheeler Insurance Rs. 2,000
- Signal Jumping Rs. 1000; License scrapping for three months
- Riding Without Helmet Rs. 1000; License scrapping for three months
- Driving Without Permit Up to Rs. 10,000